AD

Bhuvneshwar Kumar Gave A Brilliant Reply To Reporter Who Asked Him About Dhoni’s Retirement

Bhuvneshwar Kumar ; Ms Dhoni; Bhuvneshwar Kumar  on MS Dhoni Retirement

MS Dhoni’s performance in the second match of the ongoing T20I series against New Zealand, drew a lot of criticism from a section of fans and media.

If we look at Dhoni’s number in the second T20I, they are not that bad. But, the fact that he could neither rotate the strike nor hit the big ones when the run rate was mounting, made fans angry.

And, since then, all the television and social media debates related to cricket have been about MS Dhoni and his future in India’s T20I team. After the match, some of MS Dhoni’s former teammates, who are now cricket pundits, made a case for Dhoni’s dropping from T20I cricket,

“India needs to look at other options in T20 cricket for sure. ODI cricket, at the moment, they [Team India] seem to be happy with the role he [Dhoni] is playing. When he was captain, it was fine. But as a pure batsman, will India miss him? I don’t think so. In T20 cricket, it’s a lot easier to make the transition. There is enough experience apart from MS Dhoni now,” Ajit Agarkar said in an interview to ESPNcricinfo.com.

“India should look to groom youngsters in T20s so that someone could play Dhoni’s role in 2020 as most probably he would not be around in 2020,” Aakash Chopra said.

VVS Laxman, who is a part of the commentary team, also criticised Dhoni’ inability to rotate the strike and allow the run rate to keep mounting.

“In T20s, MS Dhoni’s role is at No 4. He requires more time to get his eye in and then do the job. But today [Saturday] was a classic example because when Virat Kohli was batting, Dhoni had to give the strike to Kohli. Kohli’s strike rate was 160, MS Dhoni’s strike rate was 80. That’s not good enough when India was chasing a mammoth total,” VVS Laxman said during the post match analysis.

However, his teammate Bhuvneshwar Kumar rubbished all the hype and said that team management is not bothered about his poor run in one game and no one has any doubts about him.

This is what Bhuvneshwar Kumar said:

Bhuvneshwar Kumar 

“If you look at his record, nobody (team management) is really bothered. Whatever he has done, he has been doing well, he knows he is a legend. Whatever he is doing, it is benefitting the Indian team. No one has any doubts about him,” Bhuvneshwar Kumar told the reporters in a press conference.

Source: FuniestIndian

Post a Comment

0 Comments